GENERAL OBJECTIVES: To validate claimed and safety of identified medicinal plant preparations through the conduct of scientific and ethical trials among volunteer subjects with close adherence to the WHO Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
1. Phase III Multicenter Clinical Trial of Vitex Negundo L. (Lagundi) Syrup vs Placebo among Pediatric Patients with acute cough of moderate severity (Completion-Dec. 1977)
2. Phase II Multicenter Clinical Trial: Comparative efficacy and safety study of Mentha Cordifolia Opiz (yerba buena) tablets in patients with acute mild to moderate post operative (ipisiotomy, breast biopsy) and dental extraction pain.
3. Phase II Confirmatory Clinical Trial: Antispasmodic effect of Carmona retusa (Vhal) Masam (Tsaang gubat) tablets compared with dicycloverine tablets in patients with mild to moderate gastro-intestinal and/or biliary colic
4. Phase IV Clinical Trial: Comparative efficacy and safety of Momordica charantia L. (ampalaya) tablet vs glibenclamide in NIDDM patients
5. Phase I Clinical Trial: Comparative efficacy and safety of Peperomia pellucida L. (ulasimang bato) preparation in hyperuricemic patients.